Educator – Exciting Training Opportunity Open at ByWater Solutions!
Our team is made up of a small and close knit group of technology
specialists who work in a fast paced and family oriented environment that
places a great deal of attention on quality of life and satisfaction with
one’s job. A Koha Educator here at ByWater, travels the US, meets new
people from around the world, and is a leader in change management for new
partners moving to Koha (an Open Source ILS) from their current ILS system.
We are looking for someone who is empathetic, driven, and enthusiastic and
can represent the open source community and ByWater Solutions. In addition
to training new libraries on Koha, you will work with members of the
ByWater team to create additional training materials such as videos,
webinars, tutorials, and blog posts. ByWater educators also support our
current library partners via our support portal providing customer support
assistance by ways of a ticketing system and refresher webinars/videos.
*This job might be for you if:*
- You enjoy talking to people, getting to know different libraries and
have a desire to cater their training experience to fit their library’s
- You love libraries and are familiar with how libraries work. An MLS
degree is a bonus!
- You have a passion for learning. You love seeing the light bulb go off
over their head when what they learned from your teaching finally clicks.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You are
comfortable communicating on the phone, in person, on video, and in email.
- You are comfortable in directing change management. You listen to
concerns and are able to coach people through any resistance to change that
they might be experiencing.
- You are motivated and fearless. You are able to come up with ideas and
try them out and if the idea doesn’t work you don’t give up.
- You are self directed and are able to effectively work from home
(experience working from home is a plus) and manage your time and
responsibilities (webinars, tickets, etc) along with being sufficient at
planning and organize travel arrangements.
- You love to travel and are able to travel 60% of the time.