Duplicate Biblios

Mohamed Amin-2
Hi Folks,
Does anyone have a script for combining duplicated biblios, based on the ISBN or any other criteria?
I have migrated from L4U to Koha and I ended up having 1 biblio for every item, but a lot of these items are the same. They should belong to only 1 biblio. Is there anyone who had a similar problem?

Your help is much appreciated.

Mohamed Amin

Re: Duplicate Biblios

Cindy Murdock Ames
Yes, we created two for our libraries.  One is for use on a non-zebra
Koha, and the other is for use with zebra.  They're a part of
koha-tools, a collection of scripts we created for our migration.

http://koha-tools.sourceforge.net/get.php

The non-zebra one is in winnebago-to-koha/trunk/removeDuplicates.  It
looks for records with the same ISBN and merges them automatically.  The
zebra version is in winnebago-to-koha/trunk/zebraCompress.  It has a web
interface that searches for matching ISBNs and presents them so can use
to choose which records to merge.  We found that just matching by ISBN
was too broad, because some of our materials are the same but they have
different item types.  The removeDuplicates script doesn't catch that.

If you use either of these scripts, be sure to back up your database
beforehand.

Cheers,
Cindy

Cindy Murdock