Due Date - Settings - Help

satishamv
Hi,

I am noticing an issue  with "due date", it looks correct from the
perspective of Koha.
But, with my personal practical perspective, I am facing a problem.

With Koha 16.5/Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop /
My Koha Library is set for 13 days of Loan Period (excluding Sunday -
defined in the calendar) in Circulation Policy.

Let us assume, one book's "Due Date"  is: **11-4-2017** as shown in the
Koha.

(1) In case of *Late/Delayed Renewal,* let us assume after two days from
due date(**) -
Renewal performed on 13-4-2017 - the next due date Koha shows is - 25-4-2017
(which means, Koha counts 13 days from 11-4-2017 instead of from 13-4-2017,
ie, the day on which renewal is made, ie, calculated from 2 days prior date)
(2) In case of actual/fresh  checkout on 13-4-2017
(which means, Koha counts 13 days from 13-4-2017 and the due date is
27-4-2017)
(3) In case of *Early/Pre Date Renewal*, let us assume, before one day from
due date (**)
Renewal performed on 10-4-2017 - the next due date is - 25-4-2017
(which means, Koha counts 13 days from 11-4-2017 instead of from 10-4-2017)

I am aware,  conceptually, it might be wrong, but, my intention of asking
this question is, whatever it may be the DUE DATE and whatever it may be
the RENEWAL DATE, it has to count "Loan Period" (in my case 13 days) as per
the RENEWING DATE. i,e the day on which renewal is performed, because, some
of the users may not follow the due dates, they may come prior to due-date
or after due-date and pay* late fee (fine)*.
and also libraries using, rotating  date stamping seals (at least in my
place), need to be changed manually and put "date" stamp on due date slips
accordingly and frequently since, we follow Library time table for
checkout-renewals for each course/subject/class of students on particular
day.

My expectation is:  the "due date" should appear same in all the three
cases mentioned above. It has to calculate from the date on which "action"
is performed.

Therefore, Kindly advice, how to achieve this ? Are there any settings in
Koha.

---
With Thanks
Satish MV
Librarian
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
Karnataka.

Re: Due Date - Settings - Help

Bob Birchall @ Calyx
Check the value of the system preference Circulation / Renewal Period Base.
Bob Birchall
Calyx

On 13/04/17 17:37, SATISH wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am noticing an issue  with "due date", it looks correct from the
> perspective of Koha.
> But, with my personal practical perspective, I am facing a problem.
>
> With Koha 16.5/Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop /
> My Koha Library is set for 13 days of Loan Period (excluding Sunday -
> defined in the calendar) in Circulation Policy.
>
> Let us assume, one book's "Due Date"  is: **11-4-2017** as shown in the
> Koha.
>
> (1) In case of *Late/Delayed Renewal,* let us assume after two days from
> due date(**) -
> Renewal performed on 13-4-2017 - the next due date Koha shows is - 25-4-2017
> (which means, Koha counts 13 days from 11-4-2017 instead of from 13-4-2017,
> ie, the day on which renewal is made, ie, calculated from 2 days prior date)
> (2) In case of actual/fresh  checkout on 13-4-2017
> (which means, Koha counts 13 days from 13-4-2017 and the due date is
> 27-4-2017)
> (3) In case of *Early/Pre Date Renewal*, let us assume, before one day from
> due date (**)
> Renewal performed on 10-4-2017 - the next due date is - 25-4-2017
> (which means, Koha counts 13 days from 11-4-2017 instead of from 10-4-2017)
>
> I am aware,  conceptually, it might be wrong, but, my intention of asking
> this question is, whatever it may be the DUE DATE and whatever it may be
> the RENEWAL DATE, it has to count "Loan Period" (in my case 13 days) as per
> the RENEWING DATE. i,e the day on which renewal is performed, because, some
> of the users may not follow the due dates, they may come prior to due-date
> or after due-date and pay* late fee (fine)*.
> and also libraries using, rotating  date stamping seals (at least in my
> place), need to be changed manually and put "date" stamp on due date slips
> accordingly and frequently since, we follow Library time table for
> checkout-renewals for each course/subject/class of students on particular
> day.
>
> My expectation is:  the "due date" should appear same in all the three
> cases mentioned above. It has to calculate from the date on which "action"
> is performed.
>
> Therefore, Kindly advice, how to achieve this ? Are there any settings in
> Koha.
>
> ---
> With Thanks
> Satish MV
> Librarian
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
> Karnataka.

Re: Due Date - Settings - Help

satishamv
Hi Bob,

answer for my question is in option 2, just in one line, thank you so much.

System Preference > Checkout Policy > Renewal Period Base >
--When renewing checkouts, base the new due date on
(1) the Old date of the checkout
(2) the current date

---