Does Koha has a web service API or search API for searching books on different input parameters

Does Koha has a web service API or search API for searching books on different input parameters

prachim
Hi,

One of our client is a college. They are already using Koha for their
library management.
We are developing an android application for their students using which they
can search for a book in first phase. This android app will send user
queries to our back-end server, the back-end is developed in Java.
We are expected to take input criteria specified by student (e.g.title,
author, publisher etc.) and search for the book and its availability.
So is there any web service API or search API by Koha for searching books on
different input parameters?
What kind of authentication need to be provided to access data specific to
this college?

--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html

Re: Does Koha has a web service API or search API for searching books on different input parameters

Eric Phetteplace
Hi Prachi,

Koha's SRU protocol implementation is probably the closest thing to a
search API:
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.05/html/18_miscellaneous.html#using-the-sru-server

That manual page also describes other web services that Koha provides but
none are specifically search. Is there a reason why searching on the Koha
website couldn't fulfill your client's needs? I must admit I don't really
see the value in designing an app to accomplish something that the website
already does.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE

Systems Librarian

libraries.cca.edu | vault.cca.edu | 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618

1111 8th St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Preferred Pronoun(s): he/him