Documentation Sprint Day - 5 October 2017

Documentation Sprint Day - 5 October 2017

at the last Documenation IRC meeting it was decided to have our very
first 'Documentation Sprint Day' on Thursday 5 October this week.

I have started a wiki page and will keep adding information to it, but
as always, please also feel free to add anything that you think should
be there:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/2017-10-05_Documentation_Sprint_Day

We also have an ongoing to-do list that you can easily edit:

https://annuel2.framapad.org/p/KohaManualTodo

You can help in a lot of ways:

- Send us documentation you have written that can be used to update the
manual
- Help identify missing items or mistakes in the manual
- Suggest improvements to the way the manual is written
- Write your first manual addition or correction
- ...

Hope to see you there!

More info on the Bug change emails

Philippe Blouin

Good evening!

I'm looking at all the bug "reports" I get every day because I'm CC'd on them, and I was wondering if it would be possible to add an extra bit of info to message : who the bug's Assignee is (currently).

To know it's a member of my team, or someone who hasn't worked on Koha for two years, can help the decision making on my next action.  Right now, I'm reading through them quickly, not knowing for sure if I'm looking at them by interest, for my client, or it's actually a feature we proposed four years ago and I should get someone on it ASAP while it has someone's attention :)

I don't think it would benefit the QA team receiving potentially a thousand email every day.  But for the common contributor, that would help greatly.

What do you think?

Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (833) 465-4276, poste 230

Re: More info on the Bug change emails

Jonathan Druart
I have quickly checked in the bugzilla administration area and did not find a way to modify the emails sent. You will have to hack the bugzilla codebase to do it.
Contact Chris before to know if he will accept patches.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 at 09:19 Philippe Blouin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Great!  I'm writting down a note to work on it during a downtime.

Thanks!

Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (833) 465-4276, poste 230
[hidden email]

On 10/03/2017 09:54 AM, Chris Cormack wrote:
[...]

Re: Documentation Sprint Day - 5 October 2017

Hi all,

Documentation Sprint Day has started!

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Global+bug+squashing+day+2017-10-05+-+start&iso=20171005T00&p1=274

Please help us with updating and improving the manual!

Katrin

On 02.10.2017 08:28, Katrin Fischer wrote:
Hi,

[...]

thanks to everyone who participated in our first Documentation Sprint Day!

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/2017-10-05_Documentation_Sprint_Day

We had some great contributions:

- ~140 screenshots fixed
- Updates to authorised value categories
- Clean up of the cron jobs chapter
- Rewording of the recently discussed browser recommendations
- ...

As always, there is a lot left to do, please don't wait for the next Sprint Day to join us!

Katrin