Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

paul POULAIN-3
just go there : https://koha.bulac.fr kudos to BULAC for this move !

And thanks to them for the developments they've sponsored (and are on
bugzilla)

PS: they made it by themselves, so no reason to congratulate BibLibre ;)

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques

Re: Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

Tomas Cohen Arazi
Congraaaaats to Bulac!

El vie., 29 jun. 2018 a las 11:16, Paul Poulain (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
just go there : https://koha.bulac.fr kudos to BULAC for this move !

And thanks to them for the developments they've sponsored (and are on
bugzilla)

PS: they made it by themselves, so no reason to congratulate BibLibre ;)

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques
BibLibre, Open Source software and services for libraries

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F

Re: Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

BWS Johnson-2
Salvete!

just go there : https://koha.bulac.fr kudos to BULAC for this move !

And thanks to them for the developments they've sponsored (and are on
bugzilla)

PS: they made it by themselves, so no reason to congratulate BibLibre ;)

       I saw the Korean in the upper left, and I just had to try it.

       I am impressed!

       A garbage search for

한국어

       came back with results right away. It seems like search is ranked relevantly so that the entire word stays put. At least the seems to be the case on the first page in the higher ranked results. For instance, Koha wasn't naughty and barfed up the

syllable in another word. That is hugely good news. I don't read well enough to know precisely how accurately it's searching, but I definitely have seen a few catalogues where it isn't even close.

Thanks,
Brooke

Re: Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

Nicolas Legrand
How bist, Koha community?

just go there : https://koha.bulac.fr kudos to BULAC for this move !

Thank you Paul !

And thanks to them for the developments they've sponsored (and are on bugzilla)

PS: they made it by themselves, so no reason to congratulate BibLibre ;)

Well the weighting parts made by Alex and the mapping made by Claire clearly helped us :).

And of course the awesome work of Nick and the whole Koha community is priceless.

It's still a bit patchy right now, but it's far better from what we had with Zebra : we're finding our documents! The defaults work great for all languages. We had a lot of problem with Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Farsi, Ourdu... And now each language is easy to find as it should. It's the first time we switch versions and we see so much big smiles on the faces of our colleagues. Until now, they had exemples of better research tools, now we have the better research tool :).

ta ta for now :)

Re: Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

Nicolas Legrand
thank you Tomas ^^

Congraaaaats to Bulac!

El vie., 29 jun. 2018 a las 11:16, Paul Poulain (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
just go there : https://koha.bulac.fr kudos to BULAC for this move !

And thanks to them for the developments they've sponsored (and are on
bugzilla)

PS: they made it by themselves, so no reason to congratulate BibLibre ;)

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques
BibLibre, Open Source software and services for libraries

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F

Nicolas Legrand
Administration technique et développements du système de gestion de la bibliothèque

Logo BULAC

Bibliothèque universitaire
des langues et civilisations

65 rue des Grands Moulins
F-75013 PARIS
T +33 1 81 69 18 22

Re: Do you want to see a Koha 18.05 running Elastic Search in production ?

barton
Congratulations!

I have to say, I got goosebumps when I saw

Results of search for 'juggling' with limit(s): 'suppress:0'

rather than

Results of search for 'kw,wrdl: juggling'

Cheers,

--Barton

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Nicolas Legrand <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Devinim Koha Development Team

Bravo for all work !

How bist, Koha community?