Do not set notices when library is closed

Do not set notices when library is closed

zefanja
Hello,

is there an option to tell koha not to send notices when the library is
closed?

Example:

Our library is closed on Saturdays and Sundays (and public and school
holidays). We send overdue notices one day after the due date.

So, if we have a book, that is due on a Friday, the overdue notice will
be send out on Saturday, but no fines are calculated, because Saturday
is a closing day and we don't calculate fines on days when the library
is closed.

Is there a way to send out all notices just on opening days (Mon-Fri)?
If a book is due on Friday, the overdue notice should be send out the
following Monday. If a book is due on a Monday and we send pre-due
notices 3 days before, the notice should be send on a Wednesday, not Friday.

Regards,
Stephan

Re: Do not set notices when library is closed

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Stephan,

overdue notices can be send out on opening days only using the
|OverdueNoticeCalendar system preference. It works similar to the
finescalendar system preference and allows to time overdue notices and
adding of fines to happen on the same days, which was a demand for a lot
of our libraries. For predue notices it's currently not possible to send
them only on days the library is open.

|Hope this helps,|

On 06.10.2018 03:56, zefanja wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there an option to tell koha not to send notices when the library is
> closed?
>
> Example:
>
> Our library is closed on Saturdays and Sundays (and public and school
> holidays). We send overdue notices one day after the due date.
>
> So, if we have a book, that is due on a Friday, the overdue notice will
> be send out on Saturday, but no fines are calculated, because Saturday
> is a closing day and we don't calculate fines on days when the library
> is closed.
>
> Is there a way to send out all notices just on opening days (Mon-Fri)?
> If a book is due on Friday, the overdue notice should be send out the
> following Monday. If a book is due on a Monday and we send pre-due
> notices 3 days before, the notice should be send on a Wednesday, not Friday.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

Re: Do not set notices when library is closed

zefanja
Hi Katrin,

> overdue notices can be send out on opening days only using the
> |OverdueNoticeCalendar system preference. It works similar to the
> finescalendar system preference and allows to time overdue notices and
> adding of fines to happen on the same days, which was a demand for a lot
> of our libraries. For predue notices it's currently not possible to send
> them only on days the library is open.

Thank you for the hint. That helps a lot. Overdue notices are more
important to us. Predue notices would be nice, too, but not that urgent.

Regards,
Stephan