Delete Biblio if no matching items found?

Delete Biblio if no matching items found?

Laxmi Lal Menaria
Hello All,

I have imported a MARC file 2-3 times with the same records, getting errors
some times so fixed and imported the same again and again.

Now when I use search, getting duplicate results for the books, few of the
have barcode and others shows 'No items".

So fix the issue I have created a query which delete unused biblio from the
table, please let me know will it create another issue or not?

*delete from biblio where biblionumber not in (select biblionumber from
items)delete from biblioitems where biblioitemnumber not in (select
biblioitemnumber from items)*

Laxmilal Menaria | +91 982 955 3793 | http://cloud-computing.solutions/

Re: Delete Biblio if no matching items found?

Owen Leonard-4
> I have imported a MARC file 2-3 times with the same records, getting errors
> some times so fixed and imported the same again and again.

Have you tried using the "Clean" option in Administration -> Manage
staged MARC records? This will undo a problematic import.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries

Re: Delete Biblio if no matching items found?

please be careful using 'clean' as it removes information about the
changes the import made from your database.

In order to undo, click on the file name and then use the 'Undo import
into catalog' button.

If that's successful and you are happy with results, you can use clean.

Hope that helps,

Katrin