DNS for OPAC

Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
Hi.

Our library has a website which feature our OPAC, but it shows the IP
address.
Is it possible to set up a domain name for OPAC using our website's domain
name?
For example, our website is "library.org", can we make our OPAC domain name
"library.org/opac"?
We host Koha and our website is being host by web host provider.

Thanks.

--
Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
Registered Librarian, 3892

Re: DNS for OPAC

Paul A-2
On 2018-03-09 02:15 AM, Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Our library has a website which feature our OPAC, but it shows the IP
> address.
> Is it possible to set up a domain name for OPAC using our website's domain
> name?
> For example, our website is "library.org", can we make our OPAC domain name
> "library.org/opac"?
> We host Koha and our website is being host by web host provider.

It would probably be easier to ask your web host provider to redirect
the DNS (your IP addresss) as "opac.library.org" -- technically it's
trivial, but they might have policy constraints particularly for email.

Best -- Paul