DBMS auto increment fix

Chrispin Simasiku Sitali
Greetings all,

I am trying to fix errors related to DBMS auto increment fix using:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

but when I come to

#Edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf
#Locate the [mysqld] section and add:

There is no [mysqld] section in this file

I am running Koha 17.05.04.000 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS using mysql Ver 15.1
Distrib 10.0.31-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.2

Please any pointers as to where the /etc/mysql/my.cnf might be located that
has [mysqld] section in it.

I thank you in advance

Sitali CS

--
Charles Lwanga College of Education,
P. O. Box 660193,

Mobile: +26 0979 869471
            +26 0966 869471
SKYPE: Libsitali

Re: DBMS auto increment fix

Doug Dearden
Hi Sitali,

In MariaDB the configuration files have been broken up.  I believe you will find the [mysqld] section in /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf .

Best,

Doug

Doug Dearden, Director, IT
School for Advanced Research
PO Box 2188
Santa Fe, NM 87504-2188
http://sarweb.org

Re: DBMS auto increment fix

satishamv

Koha updated from 16.11.09 to 16.11.11.000 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu
14.04 Desktop
and using Mysql Version 14.14 Distrib 5.5.57

I have faced problems regarding check-in earlier. Therefore, Is it relevant
/ necessary for the said version of Koha to follow instructions given in
the URL on DBMS auto increment
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

I mean to ask, should I edit /etc/mysq as defined in the wiki page.

With Thanks
Satish MV
Librarian,
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.

Re: DBMS auto increment fix

sunil sharma
Dear All,

I had tried the fix given on page:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

with steps as given below:

   - Edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf
   - Locate the [mysqld] section and add:

   init-file=/var/lib/mysql/init-file_kohadev.sql

   - Create a file /var/lib/mysql/init-file_kohadev.sql
   - Edit it with the following contents

       Restart MySQL

This solution works for single mysql instance having multiple database,
then we have to repeat all these statements for all the DBs.

But my problem is that I am using mysql_mutli and there are different mysql
instance for each Koha instance, considering master-slave instances, I have
to use mysql_mutli.

So, how should I use these statements in case of mysql_multi.

Can anyone guide me in this regard?

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM, SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Koha updated from 16.11.09 to 16.11.11.000 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu
> 14.04 Desktop
> and using Mysql Version 14.14 Distrib 5.5.57
>
> I have faced problems regarding check-in earlier. Therefore, Is it relevant
> / necessary for the said version of Koha to follow instructions given in
> the URL on DBMS auto increment
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix
>
> I mean to ask, should I edit /etc/mysq as defined in the wiki page.
>
> With Thanks
> Satish MV
> Librarian,
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.

Thanks & Regards
Sunil Sharma

Re: DBMS auto increment fix

Chrispin Simasiku Sitali
Thanks very much. The method proposed by Chris Brown works like a charm. I
have no errors up to this point.

On 26 September 2017 at 16:22, Chrispin Simasiku Sitali <[hidden email]