DBMS_auto_increment : cannot check-in items checked out before a certain upgrade

DBMS_auto_increment : cannot check-in items checked out before a certain upgrade

Giuseppe Angilella
Hi,

I am running Koha 17.05.05.000 on Ubuntu 14.04.1 with mysql Ver 14.14
Distrib 5.5.58.

I regularly upgrade Koha via apt-get, and I've suddenly realized I cannot
check-in items which had been checked-out (presumably before a certain
upgrade).

I can check-in items which have been checked-out with the presently
installed release of Koha.

Following the error message, I came across the wiki page:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

I followed the instructions given there, and added the additional init
file as described there. No error reported by /var/log/mysql/error.log
upon restarting or running the mysql service.

However, I cannot yet check-in back items which were checked-out in the
past. (I can still do that with new check-outs.)

Since it seems that the problem is solved with new check-outs, would you
recommend that I manually remove old check-outs from the database, and
issue them again (with a new date - doesn't matter, as long as it works)?

Many thanks and best regards,

Giuseppe.