Quantcast

Customization of Staff Client login

bariki.kamara
Hi all,

I need some help on how to customize the staff client login page/replace
koha logo with a new one.

Regards,
BGK

---------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --------------------------------

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS E-MAIL

This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,
distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also
notify the sender by email and/or delete this e-mail. Any views or opinions
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily
coincide with those of the Open University of Tanzania.

--------------------THE OPEN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA--------------------------

Re: Customization of Staff Client login

Bob Birchall @ Calyx
This is achieved using the system preference OpacSmallImage (Staff client /
Administration / System Preferences / Opac).  Other system preferences on
that tab enable you to customise more areas of the page.
Hope that helps,
Bob Birchall
CALYX

Owen Leonard-4
>> I need some help on how to customize the staff client login page/replace
>> koha logo with a new one.
>
> This is achieved using the system preference OpacSmallImage

OpacSmallImage controls the display of the Koha logo in the OPAC, not
the staff client.

There is no system preference controlling the logo on the staff client
login page, but luckily the logo is displayed via CSS so it can be
easily customized through some custom CSS. These are the relevant
parts of the staff client default CSS:

#login h1 {
   background:url("../../img/koha-logo.gif") no-repeat scroll center
top transparent;
   margin-bottom:0.5em;
   margin-top:0;
}

#login h1 a {
   border-bottom:medium none;
   display:block;
   height:74px;
   text-indent:-1000px;
}

If you have access to the file system on your Koha server you can add
a custom CSS file and specify that file using the
intranetcolorstylesheet system preference. There is no analogue to the
OPACUserCSS preference in the staff client, but you can get around
this by putting this in the  intranetuserjs preference:

//]]>
</script>
 /* inline styles */
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[

In the above snippet where it says /* inline styles */ we'll redeclare
the relevant properties from the styles of the login image:

//]]>
</script>
 /* inline styles */

#login h1 {
   background:url("../../img/koha-logo.gif") no-repeat scroll center
top transparent;
}

#login h1 a {
   height:74px;
}
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[

I've only reproduced the properties necessary to make the change we
want. You can see that the "background:" property sets the path to the
default logo. You can change this to point to any image you want, on
the Koha server or anywhere else. Then you just need to change the
#login h1 a's "height" property to match the height of the image you
choose. For example:

//]]>
</script>
 /* inline styles */

#login h1 {
   background:url("http://www.myacpl.org/sites/all/themes/npl/logo.png")
no-repeat scroll center top transparent;
}

#login h1 a {
   height:71px;
}
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries

Re: Customization of Staff Client login

Bob Birchall @ Calyx
Oops!  Read that too quickly.  Thanks for the correction, Owen.
Bob