Constant Login Problem

Bugzilla from don@robertson.net.nz
Greetings,

I set up Koha on a Windows box yesterday and was having a problem logging in
using cookie authentication.  The login screen would accept the default
user/password, and log the user in, but every time a link was clicked, the
login screen would reappear.

I installed Koha without the sample data - when I reinstalled with the sample
data, the login worked correctly, even when changing to the blank database.

Searching on gmane indicated other people have had a similar problem, but I
could not find a resolution on the list. Could not get a threaded view of the
posts :-(

Also - I did not have much in the way of tools on the windows machine - spent
a lot of time just finding the configuration files etc - so could not really
track down the problem.

Anyway - has anyone come up with a resolution? Is installing the sample data
significant?

Cheers,
Don
--
Don Robertson
Systems Administrator

Re: Constant Login Problem

Gerry Arthus
Don,

You do not say which version of windows. Resolution is simple, get a
free copy of linux, it will run much better. I really do not understand
why anyone would waste time porting any enterprise type software (Koha
does fit that bill) to an operating system which si so inherently
unstable and difficult to troubleshoot.

Gerry

 Robertson wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I set up Koha on a Windows box yesterday and was having a problem logging in
> using cookie authentication.  The login screen would accept the default
> user/password, and log the user in, but every time a link was clicked, the
> login screen would reappear.
>
> I installed Koha without the sample data - when I reinstalled with the sample
> data, the login worked correctly, even when changing to the blank database.
>
> Searching on gmane indicated other people have had a similar problem, but I
> could not find a resolution on the list. Could not get a threaded view of the
> posts :-(
>
> Also - I did not have much in the way of tools on the windows machine - spent
> a lot of time just finding the configuration files etc - so could not really
> track down the problem.
>
> Anyway - has anyone come up with a resolution? Is installing the sample data
> significant?
>
> Cheers,
> Don

Re: Constant Login Problem

Chris Cormack
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:46:55AM +0700, Don Robertson said:

> Greetings,
>
> I set up Koha on a Windows box yesterday and was having a problem logging in
> using cookie authentication.  The login screen would accept the default
> user/password, and log the user in, but every time a link was clicked, the
> login screen would reappear.
>
> I installed Koha without the sample data - when I reinstalled with the sample
> data, the login worked correctly, even when changing to the blank database.

Hi Don

One thing I would check is in system preferences, what is the timeout set
too? It may be its not being set.

Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
[hidden email]                                          www.katipo.co.nz