Clear Holiday Calendar

Charles Kelley
Hello, all

    I made an irrecoverable error when I made a holiday for U.S. Memorial
Day: I made the holiday perpetual on everyday. Now I cannot delete the
holiday. How do I clear this? It's a demo, so no great harm has been done.
But I don't want to reload the demo from scratch.

    If there is no way to clear the holiday calendar, then I have a feature
request into Koha developers.

    Thank you for your help in this matter.

--
    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    011-80-81-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    [hidden email] [h]
    [hidden email] [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.

Re: Clear Holiday Calendar

Owen Leonard-4
>  Now I cannot delete the holiday.

Do you not see how to delete the holiday or are you trying to delete
and it isn't working? If it is the latter, is there some error message
associated with the failure?

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries

Re: Clear Holiday Calendar

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi Charles

If the holiiday editor does not work you can manually edit the database.
There are two holliday related tables:  special_holidays
<http://schema.koha-community.org/18_11/tables/special_holidays.html>  and
repeatable_holidays
<http://schema.koha-community.org/18_11/tables/repeatable_holidays.html> you
can access them an delete the faulty record manually.

Regards,

Alvaro

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
celular y Nextel
en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
y GPRS online
              Visitenos en www.perusms.com

Le mer. 24 avr. 2019 à 08:29, Charles Kelley <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hello, all
>
>     I made an irrecoverable error when I made a holiday for U.S. Memorial
> Day: I made the holiday perpetual on everyday. Now I cannot delete the
> holiday. How do I clear this? It's a demo, so no great harm has been done.
> But I don't want to reload the demo from scratch.
>
>     If there is no way to clear the holiday calendar, then I have a feature
> request into Koha developers.
>
>     Thank you for your help in this matter.
>
> --
>     -- Charles.
>
>     Charles Kelley, MLS
>     PSC 704 Box 1029
>     APO AP 96338
>
>     1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
>     011-80-81-4714-5490 [JPN cell]
>
>     [hidden email] [h]
>     [hidden email] [p]
>
>     linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
>     Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.

Re: Clear Holiday Calendar

Rizwan Majeed
Dear All

In our university, the fine calculation rule is as under:

- Rs.10/- per day will be charged upto seven days after due date

- Rs.50/- per day will be charged after seven days

anybody know about the setting to calculate the fines? I shall be thankful.

Regards!

Rizwan Majeed

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 6:56 PM Alvaro Cornejo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Charles
>
> If the holiiday editor does not work you can manually edit the database.
> There are two holliday related tables:  special_holidays
> <http://schema.koha-community.org/18_11/tables/special_holidays.html>  and
> repeatable_holidays
> <http://schema.koha-community.org/18_11/tables/repeatable_holidays.html>
> you
> can access them an delete the faulty record manually.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alvaro
>

> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
> celular y Nextel
> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
> y GPRS online
>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com
>

> Le mer. 24 avr. 2019 à 08:29, Charles Kelley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hello, all
> >
> >     I made an irrecoverable error when I made a holiday for U.S. Memorial
> > Day: I made the holiday perpetual on everyday. Now I cannot delete the
> > holiday. How do I clear this? It's a demo, so no great harm has been
> done.
> > But I don't want to reload the demo from scratch.
> >
> >     If there is no way to clear the holiday calendar, then I have a
> feature
> > request into Koha developers.
> >
> >     Thank you for your help in this matter.
> >
> > --
> >     -- Charles.
> >
> >     Charles Kelley, MLS
> >     PSC 704 Box 1029
> >     APO AP 96338
> >
> >     1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
> >     011-80-81-4714-5490 [JPN cell]
> >
> >     [hidden email] [h]
> >     [hidden email] [p]
> >
> >     linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
> >     Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.

Re: Clear Holiday Calendar

Owen Leonard-4
> anybody know about the setting to calculate the fines? I shall be thankful.

Please send an email to the mailing list which isn't a reply to an
existing topic. This prevents the current conversation from being
derailed and will make it easier for people to focus on your question.

Thanks,

  Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries
https://www.myacpl.org

Re: Clear Holiday Calendar

Charles Kelley
Hello, Alvaro, et al!

    I figured out how to delete the perpetual Memorial Day holiday soon
after I pled for help. I may request a specification to the documentation
instead.

    There is one feature upgrade I would like to make: regularly occurring
holidays based on another pattern, e.g., "Monday" holidays in the U.S. I
don't know whether other nations have such a regular formula, but such a
feature would certainly be convenient for U.S. libraries that close on
those regularly scheduled holidays. Yes, it would only be a convenience,
but someone has to look up the dates at the OPM.gov website at the
beginning of every year and update the calendar accordingly.

    Koha is new to me and my new library, and it's the unfamiliarity that
flummoxes me.

    Thanks for your help and suggestion.

    In our latest exchange, on April 24, 2019, at 10:55 PM, you wrote:

If the holiiday editor does not work you can manually edit the database.

> There are two holliday related tables:  special_holidays
> <http://schema.koha-community.org/18_11/tables/special_holidays.html>
> and repeatable_holidays
> <http://schema.koha-community.org/18_11/tables/repeatable_holidays.html> you
> can access them an delete the faulty record manually.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alvaro
>
> |-----------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------------------------------------|
> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
> celular y Nextel
> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
> y GPRS online
>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com
>

> Le mer. 24 avr. 2019 à 08:29, Charles Kelley <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
>> Hello, all
>>
>>     I made an irrecoverable error when I made a holiday for U.S. Memorial
>> Day: I made the holiday perpetual on everyday. Now I cannot delete the
>> holiday. How do I clear this? It's a demo, so no great harm has been done.
>> But I don't want to reload the demo from scratch.
>>
>>     If there is no way to clear the holiday calendar, then I have a
>> feature
>> request into Koha developers.
>>
>>     Thank you for your help in this matter.

--
    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    011-80-81-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    [hidden email] [h]
    [hidden email] [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.

Re: Clear Holiday Calendar

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Charles,

if you have ideas for enhancements or notice bugs, you can always report
them on Bugzilla. Without funding there is no guarantee that things will
be realized, but getting the ideas out there for discussion is always good:

Bugzilla:
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/

Some help for reporting bugs:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug_Reporting_Guidelines