Circulation Speed

Ann Murphy
Kia Ora

We have finally gone live with our Koha installation, but the circulation speed is dire.
I upgraded our browser to Google Chrome, but it is no faster. We also walked around the school to see if the distance from the server was an issue.
Can anyone offer a solution to our problem.

Using…
Version 3.02.03.000
Linux Koha 2.6.32-28-generic-pae #55-Ubuntu…

Gratefully

Ann Murphy

Re: Circulation Speed

Chris Cormack-6
2011/3/23 library <[hidden email]>:
> Kia Ora
> We have finally gone live with our Koha installation, but the circulation
> speed is dire.
> I upgraded our browser to Google Chrome, but it is no faster. We also walked
> around the school to see if the distance from the server was an issue.
> Can anyone offer a solution to our problem.
> Using…
> Version 3.02.03.000
> Linux Koha 2.6.32-28-generic-pae #55-Ubuntu…

Hi Anne

Did the people who did the install for you tune mysql? There is a good
post here about it
http://libraryhacker.org/2011/03/15/defaulting-to-functional-but-slow/

I suspect that that, or lack of RAM on the server would be the cause,
those have always been the causes I have run into in the past.

Re: Circulation Speed

mason@kohaaloha
Administrator

On 2011-03-23, at 12:06 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> 2011/3/23 library <[hidden email]>:
>> Kia Ora
>> We have finally gone live with our Koha installation, but the circulation
>> speed is dire.
>> I upgraded our browser to Google Chrome, but it is no faster. We also walked
>> around the school to see if the distance from the server was an issue.
>> Can anyone offer a solution to our problem.
>> Using…
>> Version 3.02.03.000
>> Linux Koha 2.6.32-28-generic-pae #55-Ubuntu…
>
> Hi Anne
>
> Did the people who did the install for you tune mysql? There is a good
> post here about it
> http://libraryhacker.org/2011/03/15/defaulting-to-functional-but-slow/
>
> I suspect that that, or lack of RAM on the server would be the cause,
> those have always been the causes I have run into in the past.

heres another recent-ish discussion on similar stuff

http://www.mail-archive.com/koha-devel@.../msg00074.html

cheers, Mason
--
KohaAloha, NZ