Checking out with no barcode opens a print dialog

Checking out with no barcode opens a print dialog

Chris Brown
Gentle Reader,

We have noticed a strange behaviour in Koha 17.05 and 17.11 when checking
books out. If you select a patron, then click "Check out" without entering
an item barcode, a new window opens with a printer dialog to print a list
of the books checked out.

Is this considered a feature or a bug? It certainly took us by surprise!

Best Regards,

Chris Brown

Re: Checking out with no barcode opens a print dialog

vinod mishra
Feature to print/silent print list of books check out there is no logic to
check out book without barcode.

On 7 Jan 2018 13:28, "Chris Brown" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gentle Reader,
>
> We have noticed a strange behaviour in Koha 17.05 and 17.11 when checking
> books out. If you select a patron, then click "Check out" without entering
> an item barcode, a new window opens with a printer dialog to print a list
> of the books checked out.
>
> Is this considered a feature or a bug? It certainly took us by surprise!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chris Brown

Re: Checking out with no barcode opens a print dialog

Indranil Das Gupta
Hi Vinod:

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM, vinod mishra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Feature to print/silent print list of books check out there is no logic to
> check out book without barcode.

It has definite logic. Everything in the world is not an academic library.
;-)

From the 3.14 release manager's update #2 :

Bug 7494: optional checkout-time fallback search for a book. This
enhancement adds an option to perform a keyword search to look up an item
during checkout if it is not found by barcode. This means that Koha will no
longer require item barcodes for circulation to work — a feature that
hopefully will be of use for special collections.

hope this helps.

Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg

Re: Checking out with no barcode opens a print dialog

Hi Chris,

this is a shortcut for faster slip printing - pressing enter after
checkouts will bring up the slip print dialog. Take a look at the
CircAutoPrintQuickSlip system preference in order to change the behaviour.

Hope this helps,

Katrin

On 07.01.2018 08:58, Chris Brown wrote:

> Gentle Reader,
>
> We have noticed a strange behaviour in Koha 17.05 and 17.11 when checking
> books out. If you select a patron, then click "Check out" without entering
> an item barcode, a new window opens with a printer dialog to print a list
> of the books checked out.
>
> Is this considered a feature or a bug? It certainly took us by surprise!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chris Brown

Re: Checking out with no barcode opens a print dialog

vinod mishra
Thanks Katrin you have rightly interpreted my answer "Feature to
print/silent print list of books check out there is no logic to check out
book without barcode."

With Regards,

Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,
Biju Patnaik Central Library (BPCL),
NIT Rourkela,
Sundergadh-769008,
Odisha,
India.
Mob:91+9439420860
Website: http://mishravk.com/
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4666-7874

*"Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical
relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul" -- Mahatma
Gandhi*