Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

schnydszch
Hi all! I was trying to find where in system preference or elsewhere are the barcodes and callnumbers in holds tab of the patrons module are controlled so that they show up in the holds tab. With the current version (16.05) as well as in 3.18 it does not show. I was told previously this does show. Please see attached image below. Does anybody know what to do in order that the barcode and callnumber will be shown in the holds tab of the patrons module? Thanks in advance and appreciate any inputs on this.

Re: Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

the callnumber and barcode will show up in the holds tab once the hold
is waiting or if it's an item level hold. For record level holds Koha
can't show them until a specific item has filled the hold.

Hope this helps,

Katrin

schnydszch
Thanks for this Katrin! Cheers!

Re: Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

schnydszch
This I have to research yet, is there a way in the system preference to default the hold to the (nearest) available item such that it will reflect in the holds tab of patrons module? This without having to go the items. Thanks in ad1vance!

Re: Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

Katrin Fischer-2
There is currently no way to display item information for a record level
hold that has not been filled.

Personally I think picking a random item would be more confusing than
helpful in a lot of cases - there are too many variables to make a good
choice.

On 23.11.2016 04:24, schnydszch wrote:

> This I have to research yet, is there a way in the system preference to
> default the hold to the (nearest) available item such that it will reflect
> in the holds tab of patrons module? This without having to go the items.
> Thanks in ad1vance!

Re: Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

schnydszch
Thanks Katrin for your inputs. The library that asked this usually only has one item, hence they asked if it will be possible when a client put a hold on a record and then an item is filled up in the holds, or through some kind of mechanism, the first available item is put in hold, and therefore will be showed in the Holds tab in the Patrons management module. Maybe, this can be a good candidate for feature enhancement. Thanks again!

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 10:33 PM, Katrin Fischer-2 [via Koha] <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is currently no way to display item information for a record level
hold that has not been filled.

Personally I think picking a random item would be more confusing than
helpful in a lot of cases - there are too many variables to make a good
choice.

On 23.11.2016 04:24, schnydszch wrote:

> This I have to research yet, is there a way in the system preference to
> default the hold to the (nearest) available item such that it will reflect
> in the holds tab of patrons module? This without having to go the items.
> Thanks in ad1vance!

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Callnumber-and-barcode-field-in-holds-tab-of-the-Patrons-module-tp5911632p5912030.html
To unsubscribe from Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module, click here.
NAML

Re: Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

Katrin Fischer-2
If the library has only one item, you could enforce item level holds via
the circulation conditions to achieve the effect you want. Then the user
will have to pick an item to put on hold and the information will show.
If there are multiple items this will of course mean that only the item
picked will be able to fill the hold.

Why is it so important to them to see the item information? Which
information are they missing otherwise with only the title shown?

On 28.11.2016 11:48, schnydszch wrote:

> Thanks Katrin for your inputs. The library that asked this usually only has one item, hence they asked if it will be possible when a client put a hold on a record and then an item is filled up in the holds, or through some kind of mechanism, the first available item is put in hold, and therefore will be showed in the Holds tab in the Patrons management module. Maybe, this can be a good candidate for feature enhancement. Thanks again!
>
>      On Saturday, November 26, 2016 10:33 PM, Katrin Fischer-2 [via Koha] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>    There is currently no way to display item information for a record level
> hold that has not been filled.
>
> Personally I think picking a random item would be more confusing than
> helpful in a lot of cases - there are too many variables to make a good
> choice.
>

> On 23.11.2016 04:24, schnydszch wrote:
>> This I have to research yet, is there a way in the system preference to
>> default the hold to the (nearest) available item such that it will reflect
>> in the holds tab of patrons module? This without having to go the items.
>> Thanks in ad1vance!
>>

>> --

>   NAML

Re: Callnumber and barcode field in holds tab of the Patrons module

schnydszch
It is already in the workflow of the library. If a client wants to borrow a book, the client places a hold on the title. And then the librarians are notified on this hold. The librarian then will get the book from the shelf and hand it to the user. They wanted to lessen the workflow of the customer hence the foregoing of item level holds. However, when they check the Holds tab in the Patrons module, they're not seeing the barcode and call number this is because it is how Koha ILS works :) I'm cc'ing the librarians in this message. Cheers!

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Katrin Fischer-2 [via Koha]

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Callnumber-and-barcode-field-in-holds-tab-of-the-Patrons-module-tp5911632p5912156.html