Bulk updating of Patron Messages Preferences

Bulk updating of Patron Messages Preferences

amutsikiwa
Hi

I have enabled courtesy email notification when patrons check-in, check-out,
advance notice, due and overdue items. Now for existing patrons accounts, it
appears it is necessary to modify the patron message preferences for each
existing account. New accounts can always inherit the preferences from the
patron categories settings. But it is existing accounts where I am looking
for a way to update the patron messaging prefereces, either through a script
or something.

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)

ICT Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

Mob:+263771117777

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities."  Josiah Charles Stamp
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4867406.Josiah_Charles_Stamp>

Re: Bulk updating of Patron Messages Preferences

Magnus Enger
Hi!

There is a script at
misc/maintenance/borrowers-force-messaging-defaults which does exactly
what you want.

Run this to see how to use it:
perldoc misc / maintenance / borrowers-force-messaging-defaults

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
Libriotech