Bug ID: 18929
Summary: Merging records mandate 003 and 040 fields though in
framework its not mandatory
Change sponsored?: ---
Priority: P5 - low
Assignee: [hidden email] Reporter: [hidden email] QA Contact: [hidden email] CC: [hidden email]
I am trying to merge two records but system gives alert 003 and 040 fields are
missing though i have tried by making it non mandatory (003/040) from default
as well as concern records customized framework.
What |Removed |Added
CC| |[hidden email]-c
--- Comment #1 from Jonathan Druart <[hidden email]> ---
Did you make the field mandatory before or after you created the 2 records to
Merging records will not create new 003 or 040 fields if they do not exist on
the original records.
--- Comment #2 from Vinod <[hidden email]> ---
I have imported the above two records in customized marc framework where i did
not made 003 and 040 field mandatory even do not have that fields in my
customized framework. The test are as follows:
1. I added two same records in a List to merge
2. While merging system asked for framework to choose
3. I selected customized framework i.e. the framework two records originally
belongs to but got the above error and could not proceed.
4. I checked the above framework but there were not above fields included.
5. I have removed/unchecked "mandatory" from the 003 and 040 however they were
not added in my above marcframework.
6. I did step 3 again but faced same problem.
7. Again i repeat step 3 with default framework but got same error.
8. I removed/unchecked "mandatory" from the 003 and 040 and tried merging again
but got the same problem and could not success.
--- Comment #4 from Vinod <[hidden email]> ---
I am still getting the same error (Koha 16.11.07), do not know where i am doing
mistake? Please note i have imported the records and there were no 003 and 040
related text/content in the records. I have completely disabled the mandatory
from all of my existing Marcframework even though same problem appears
--- Comment #5 from Vinod <[hidden email]> ---
Now i have added 003 and 040 fields in my customized framework (The records to
be merge belongs to same framework) than added some text in 003 and 040 fields
of only one record out of two which needs to be merged. Now i can able to merge
the records. It means there must be some text in 003 and 040 fields if we wish
to merge the two records?