Bug ID: 18636
Summary: Can not save new patron on fresh install (Conflict
between autoMemberNum and BorrowerMandatoryField)
Change sponsored?: ---
Priority: P5 - low
Assignee: [hidden email] Reporter: [hidden email] QA Contact: [hidden email] CC: [hidden email], [hidden email]
Tested on a fresh install on current master
- Go to Koha > Patrons > Add patron (full form)
- Verify that label for card number reads: "Card number(leave blank for auto
calc during registration):"
- Do not enter anything in field card number
- Enter surname, try to save
- Form does not save because field card number is required
- autoMemberNum is on by default
(sysprefs.sql line 65)
- BorrowerMandatoryField contains surname|cardnumber by default
(sysprefs.sql line 86)
- Full form does not save because card number is mandatory and empty
Note: With quick add form and settings above, cardnumber is not displayed, form
What to do?
- Better explanation for autoMemberNum and BorrowerMandatoryField
- Set defaults for autoMemberNum and BorrowerMandatoryField in a way that they
do not conflict?
- Ignore cardnumber being a mandatory field if autoMemberNum is on?
- Ask for settings in onboarding tool?