[Bug 18125] New: Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] New: Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

            Bug ID: 18125
           Summary: Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule
 Change sponsored?: ---
           Product: Koha
           Version: master
          Hardware: All
                OS: All
            Status: NEW
          Severity: enhancement
          Priority: P5 - low
         Component: Staff Client
          Assignee: [hidden email]
          Reporter: [hidden email]
        QA Contact: [hidden email]
                CC: [hidden email]

If you modify the patron category and the item type when you edit a circulation
rule, this will create a new circulation rule

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Baptiste <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Assignee|[hidden email]-commun |baptiste.wojtkowski@biblibr
                   |ity.org                     |e.com

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
You are the assignee for the bug.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email],
                   |                            |[hidden email]

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #1 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
Created attachment 60325
  -->
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=60325&action=edit
Bug 17927: (QA followup) Fix timestamp nullable in hold.json

Signed-off-by: Tomas Cohen Arazi <[hidden email]>

Signed-off-by: Kyle M Hall <[hidden email]>

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Baptiste <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Attachment #60325|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #2 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
Created attachment 60329
  -->
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=60329&action=edit
Disabled the select for patron Category and Item Type

Test plan
1 - Edit a circulation rule and check you can modify the patron Category and
item type
2 - Apply patch
3 - Edit a circulation rule : you can't change anymore

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Baptiste <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |Needs Signoff

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Baptiste <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Severity|enhancement                 |minor

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Alex Arnaud <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]
                   |                            |u.se
             Status|Needs Signoff               |In Discussion

--- Comment #3 from Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> ---
Patch works as intended, but I'm not sure if this is the best solution?
Allowing for quick copying of a circulation rule (simply, change patron
category and/or item type) seems to me to be useful - although a bit illogical
(why create a new rule, and not just change the edited one?). Is it a bug or a
feature?

Even if this is the preferred method, I'm not to keen on the fact that patron
category and itemtype still look like dropdowns, but can't be clicked. Had i
not known about the issue and stumbled upon it, I would have thought that to be
a bug!

Either they should not look like dropdowns and/or be grayed out, or similar.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #4 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
Hi !

I don't think there is a quite better solution without changing everything in
the code, but if you have any better idea I can try it ;)

I mean, this situation is better than the old one, because there is no
unexpected behaviour of the application, in the old one, you can click on edit,
save, see the new rule as expected, not notice there is a new one and work with
a new circulation rule.

The application works so :
- when you click on edit, every fields of the current row get copied into the
last row.
- when you submit the edited lines (which has no other status than the other
lines), it checks if there is a row in the base with the same key (library +
patron category + Item type). Case not it creates a new one, otherwise it
modifies the old one : this means if you accidentally create a new rule, you
will destroy the existing one.

I think to solve completely the problem, the interface should be transformed at
all, because with this working, we can't :
- write a function which copies without editing if the keys are the same
- write a function which edits without creating a new one if the keys are
differents.

Moreover the comments in the code were expecting this behaviour, but I think
somewhere in the versions the behaviour got lost.

I don't think an alert would be a good idea because :
- if you put it on submit button, you will get it whenever you create a new
rule
- if you put it on the edit button, you will get it whenever you edit a rule
and  it is quite annoying

A half solution could be to alert if any line is about to get replaced, but it
is the same problem : the user will be alerted only if the button does his job.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #5 from Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> ---
I see your point Baptiste! This could be an interim solution, rather than
rewriting the whole circulation rules.

But is it perhaps possible to gray out the two dropdowns (patron category and
item type) or similar, so that it will be apparent to the users that these are
actually not clickable when editing a rule?

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #6 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
Hi !
You mean gray out the field or the menus ?
Because graying out the scrollable menus is the expected behavior of this
patch..

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Marc Véron <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #7 from Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> ---
Yes, I mean graying out the scrollable menus. I can't click them, but I don't
see anything visually that these are not editable. Or am I missing something?

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #8 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
Hi,
What browser do you use ? On firefox and chromium it works as expected on my
computer (I can clearly see a difference with other buttons).

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #9 from Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> ---
Hi Baptiste! I've been testing with Google Chrome. I just double-checked with
Firefox, and there it looks good (the blue turns grey on the scrolldown menu)!
In Chrome it's gray to start with though.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #10 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
May I change the status for needs signoff ?

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|In Discussion               |Needs Signoff

--- Comment #11 from Andreas Hedström Mace <[hidden email]> ---
I'm changing the status to Needs signoff, since my previous issue was
browser-related.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Owen Leonard <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|Needs Signoff               |Signed Off
   Patch complexity|---                         |Trivial patch

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Owen Leonard <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Attachment #60329|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #12 from Owen Leonard <[hidden email]> ---
Created attachment 63288
  -->
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=63288&action=edit
[SIGNED-OFF] Disabled the select for patron Category and Item Type

Test plan
1 - Edit a circulation rule and check you can modify the patron Category
    and item type
2 - Apply patch
3 - Edit a circulation rule : you can't change anymore

https://bugs.koha-community.org/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Signed-off-by: Owen Leonard <[hidden email]>

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Jonathan Druart <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]-c
                   |                            |ommunity.org

--- Comment #13 from Jonathan Druart <[hidden email]> ---
I am not sure this is acceptable, it will become hard to copy rules.
Maybe we need an additional "Copy" action button?

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

Marcel de Rooy <[hidden email]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[hidden email]
             Status|Signed Off                  |Failed QA

--- Comment #14 from Marcel de Rooy <[hidden email]> ---
(In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #13)
> I am not sure this is acceptable, it will become hard to copy rules.
> Maybe we need an additional "Copy" action button?

Indeed. I am not so sure if the advantage of this oneliner outweights the
disadvantage of no longer being able to copy a rule.
It should not be that hard to add a copy button?

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #15 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
(In reply to Marcel de Rooy from comment #14)
> (In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #13)
> > I am not sure this is acceptable, it will become hard to copy rules.
> > Maybe we need an additional "Copy" action button?
>
> Indeed. I am not so sure if the advantage of this oneliner outweights the
> disadvantage of no longer being able to copy a rule.
> It should not be that hard to add a copy button?

Hum.. the problem with a copy button it that the working of this button
wouldn't be intuitive.

I mean if we create an copy button (like the old edit), this will not copy a
rule if you don't modify the 2 first fields.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #16 from Marcel de Rooy <[hidden email]> ---
(In reply to Baptiste from comment #15)

> (In reply to Marcel de Rooy from comment #14)
> > (In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #13)
> > > I am not sure this is acceptable, it will become hard to copy rules.
> > > Maybe we need an additional "Copy" action button?
> >
> > Indeed. I am not so sure if the advantage of this oneliner outweights the
> > disadvantage of no longer being able to copy a rule.
> > It should not be that hard to add a copy button?
>
> Hum.. the problem with a copy button it that the working of this button
> wouldn't be intuitive.
>
> I mean if we create an copy button (like the old edit), this will not copy a
> rule if you don't modify the 2 first fields.

Yeah, you may need to lift some check first and make sure it is applied later..

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Bug 18125] Edit button can duplicate some circulation rule

bugzilla-daemon
In reply to this post by bugzilla-daemon
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18125

--- Comment #17 from Baptiste <[hidden email]> ---
The problem with a copy button is following: if you don't modify the key, it
will edit an existing one (which is the worst behaviour I think)

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.
_______________________________________________
Koha-bugs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/koha-bugs
website : http://www.koha-community.org/
git : http://git.koha-community.org/
bugs : http://bugs.koha-community.org/