> In the editor we normally work with the authority popup. You completely go
> around that here, but I still need to undo the plugin assignments before I
> can really get your function working.
I didn't do that in my testing. I still could use the normal plugin with the
link on $a IIRC. I know I didn't change the frameworks.
> If I disconnect 600, you still assume that it is a personal name. But I may
> not want to work with your approach? If I enter an incorrect authid into $9,
> it accepts the name in $a and does not create an authority.
> But in another field (650), I see one is not accepted with an invalid
> authid, and another one with invalid authid is accepted. This is not stable.
> To get short, I would recommend to remove the link button, move your
> function to a plugin and minimize the changes to existing code to get it
> working. In that way we can choose which plugin we want to use. It might
> provide evidence for being stable and making a transition.
I think you can't achieve the same functionality with a plugin, a button to
check all fields at the same time and give you a summary report of the ones
And you shouldn't have to choose - both should always be possible, manual (with
search) and automatic linking.