Book Cover

Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
Hi.

Is there a way to show one cover image only. I mean, if I had uploaded a
local image, the image from Amazon or Google won't show anymore for a
particular book/record.

Thank you.

--
Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
Registered Librarian, 3892

Re: Book Cover

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Victoria,

there is currently no option in configuration to prioritize cover
sources for display.

Maybe it would be possible to solve it with some custom Javascript, but
haven't investigated.

Katrin

On 08.03.2018 03:12, Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is there a way to show one cover image only. I mean, if I had uploaded a
> local image, the image from Amazon or Google won't show anymore for a
> particular book/record.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Book Cover

Arturo Longoria
Hi Victoria,

There is no option within Koha to prioritize locally uploaded cover art, but our library has the same issue, so I wrote some JavaScript and placed it in the OPACUserJS system preference to hide any other cover art from Google if there is local cover art. I believe this should work to also hide Amazon images, but I haven't tested that. This does not block the other cover art from loading, but it does quickly hide it for a better display.

The code I use is here: https://pastebin.com/F2nQdHaz

Arturo Longoria
Reference Librarian/Web Manager
Texas State Law Library