Bad match criteria errors

Tümer Garip
Hi Joshua,

Well unfortunately I had the same. As soon as zebra finds a record
without an ID it stops.
Infact that made me look into our marc records. And to my surprise I
found a considerable amount with no 090$c
field where biblionumber is supposed to sit.

I had to write a script that actually went and searched the whole
database and put the 090$c$d fields in.
At first I thought this was me probably messing too much with KOHA. But
if you are using the biblionumber as your ID as well  then this could be
a general bug that we have to look in KOHA. Is it dropping the
biblionumber field at some dubious point? Well I hope not.

And some more news on ZEBRA dev. The damn windows platform manages to
crash the  server even without shadow files as well so I'll have to wait
and see if Adam can do something about that. In the meantime I have
started working on some searches as well. You can test them at
http://library.neu.edu.tr/opac-search.pl, it can be improved.

For the configuration files I decided not to set the apostrophe to space
in .chr file. Because we have lots of words with apostrophes and lots of
people just dont put them in. So say you have Alice's and you write
Alices Zebra keeps it as Alice s and cannot find it. So for keyword
searching I use 5=102 and that way I can find them either way while I
kept the phrase search more strict. Ofcourse this finds lots of other
things but may be we can reduce that by rankings which I have not dealt
with.

In the record.abs I send you you probably realized I had to use some of
gils.att as well. I mainly used those for authoryty indexes but I cannot
think how it will be possible to have access point anywehere in the marc
to put the authority id. Mine now are fixed for 100 6.. And 7.. fields
for two different authority types. And I think it might be very
difficult to imlement something very global then local on this issue.

Thats all for now.
Regards
Tumer

Re: Bad match criteria errors

Joshua Ferraro-3
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:59:15PM +0200, Tümer Garip wrote:
> Well unfortunately I had the same. As soon as zebra finds a record
> without an ID it stops.
> Infact that made me look into our marc records. And to my surprise I
> found a considerable amount with no 090$c
> field where biblionumber is supposed to sit.
Could you tell us what SQL you used to find that? I'm running the following
queries:

mysql> SELECT m1.bibid, m2.bibid FROM marc_biblio AS m1 LEFT JOIN marc_subfield_table AS m2 ON m1.bibid = m2.bibid AND m2.subfieldcode = 'c' WHERE m2.bibid IS NULL;
+--------+-------+
| bibid  | bibid |
+--------+-------+
|   1654 |  NULL |
| 158070 |  NULL |
+--------+-------+
2 rows in set (38.46 sec)

mysql> SELECT m1.bibid, m2.bibid FROM marc_biblio AS m1 LEFT JOIN marc_subfield_table AS m2 ON m1.bibid = m2.bibid AND m2.subfieldcode = 'c' WHERE m2.bibid='';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

(I can live with two records that don't have 090$c)

> I had to write a script that actually went and searched the whole
> database and put the 090$c$d fields in.
> At first I thought this was me probably messing too much with KOHA. But
> if you are using the biblionumber as your ID as well  then this could be
> a general bug that we have to look in KOHA. Is it dropping the
> biblionumber field at some dubious point? Well I hope not.
Could you commit this script to rel_2_2 or email it to one of us so
we can include it in the distribution?

> And some more news on ZEBRA dev. The damn windows platform manages to
> crash the  server even without shadow files as well so I'll have to wait
> and see if Adam can do something about that. In the meantime I have
> started working on some searches as well. You can test them at
> http://library.neu.edu.tr/opac-search.pl, it can be improved.
I get a 404 on that page.

> For the configuration files I decided not to set the apostrophe to space
> in .chr file. Because we have lots of words with apostrophes and lots of
> people just dont put them in. So say you have Alice's and you write
> Alices Zebra keeps it as Alice s and cannot find it. So for keyword
> searching I use 5=102 and that way I can find them either way while I
> kept the phrase search more strict. Ofcourse this finds lots of other
> things but may be we can reduce that by rankings which I have not dealt
> with.
>
> In the record.abs I send you you probably realized I had to use some of
> gils.att as well. I mainly used those for authoryty indexes but I cannot
> think how it will be possible to have access point anywehere in the marc
> to put the authority id. Mine now are fixed for 100 6.. And 7.. fields
> for two different authority types. And I think it might be very
> difficult to imlement something very global then local on this issue.
It sounds like you've done quite a bit of customization of the Koha
base, would you consider contributing your solutions by joining
Savannah and committing your changes? I fear that your Koha will branch
too far from the project and eventually we'll lose the ability to
easily share code.

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
[hidden email] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

RE: Bad match criteria errors-bad link

Tümer Garip
Hi,
Sorry for the bad link. It should be
http://library.neu.edu.tr/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl

To find the missing biblionumbers I used the marc record in biblioitems
as I do not use the marc_subfield_table any more (2.2 -> 3.0 hybrid
version). I'll send the script to you.

To join Savannah and contributing our scripts is confusing for me as I
dont understand linux and I do not always follow exact route as the
official KOHA. I'll keep posting them to individuals and you may commit
them if you like.

Thanks
Tumer

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:59:15PM +0200, Tümer Garip wrote:
> Well unfortunately I had the same. As soon as zebra finds a record
> without an ID it stops. Infact that made me look into our marc
> records. And to my surprise I found a considerable amount with no
> 090$c field where biblionumber is supposed to sit.
Could you tell us what SQL you used to find that? I'm running the
following
queries:

mysql> SELECT m1.bibid, m2.bibid FROM marc_biblio AS m1 LEFT JOIN
mysql> marc_subfield_table AS m2 ON m1.bibid = m2.bibid AND
> [...]

> cannot think how it will be possible to have access point anywehere in

> the marc to put the authority id. Mine now are fixed for 100 6.. And
> 7.. fields for two different authority types. And I think it might be
> very difficult to imlement something very global then local on this
> issue.
It sounds like you've done quite a bit of customization of the Koha
base, would you consider contributing your solutions by joining
Savannah and committing your changes? I fear that your Koha will branch
too far from the project and eventually we'll lose the ability to easily
share code.

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS

Adam Dickmeiss
Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:59:15PM +0200, Tümer Garip wrote:

[snip]
>>And some more news on ZEBRA dev. The damn windows platform manages to
>>crash the  server even without shadow files as well so I'll have to wait
>>and see if Adam can do something about that. In the meantime I have
>>started working on some searches as well. You can test them at
>>http://library.neu.edu.tr/opac-search.pl, it can be improved.

The code in Zebra that does the file locking on Windows has been changed.

I, apparently, didn't read the MSDN docs right.. Windows gives up after
10 seconds of locking.. And bang! All threads start reading and writing
simultaniously..

Code now repeats that "lock" process..

Please try the Zebra 1.3.35 (dev) version from here:
  http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/snapshot/idzebra-1.3.35.tar.gz

/ Adam

Adam Dickmeis wrote:
>>The code in Zebra that does the file locking on Windows has been
changed.
>>I, apparently, didn't read the MSDN docs right.. Windows gives up
after
>>10 seconds of locking.. And bang! All threads start reading and
writing
>>simultaniously..
>>Code now repeats that "lock" process..

We are now lockin' & rockin'