Authority Type Help in Koha

nengard
Hi all,

The Help file in Koha for Authority Types says the following:

***Authority types

You can define as many Authority types as you want.

    * with the MARC structure button, you can define the MARC
structure of a given authority type
    * The tag reported must contain a MARC tag number. Every subfield
in the selected tag will be copied to the "destination tag" in the
biblio. for example, in UNIMARC, the tag 200 ot personal authority
will be reported to 600, 700, 701, depending on what is cliqued in the
biblio MARC editor.
    * The summary contains an "ISBD" like description to explain how
the entry must be shown in the result list. The syntax is :
          o [xxxFFFSyyy] where are up to 3 digits BEFORE the field,
FFF the field number, S the subfield code, yyy up to 3 digits AFTER
the field.
          o things outside [] are kept as is (including HTML)
          o repeatable fields are managed.

            IMPORTANT

            In the biblio framework, the reported tag MUST contain a
$9 subfield, activated in the tab where the tag is, and hidden (hidden
maybe omitted, but the field has no reason to appear anywhere). The $9
subfield in the biblio will contain the Authority number (the internal
Koha number)***

My question is - what the heck is this talking about :) hehe - I don't
see anywhere where a summary is listed.  I'm wondering if this is for
an older version of Koha and I just never removed it from the Help.

Thanks
Nicole

Re: Authority Type Help in Koha

Laurence Lefaucheur-2
Hi,

Nicole Engard a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> The Help file in Koha for Authority Types says the following:
>
> ***Authority types
>
> You can define as many Authority types as you want.
>
>     * with the MARC structure button, you can define the MARC
> structure of a given authority type
>     * The tag reported must contain a MARC tag number. Every subfield
> in the selected tag will be copied to the "destination tag" in the
> biblio. for example, in UNIMARC, the tag 200 ot personal authority
> will be reported to 600, 700, 701, depending on what is cliqued in the
> biblio MARC editor.
>     * The summary contains an "ISBD" like description to explain how
> the entry must be shown in the result list. The syntax is :
>           o [xxxFFFSyyy] where are up to 3 digits BEFORE the field,
> FFF the field number, S the subfield code, yyy up to 3 digits AFTER
> the field.
>           o things outside [] are kept as is (including HTML)
>           o repeatable fields are managed.
>
>             IMPORTANT
>
>             In the biblio framework, the reported tag MUST contain a
> $9 subfield, activated in the tab where the tag is, and hidden (hidden
> maybe omitted, but the field has no reason to appear anywhere). The $9
> subfield in the biblio will contain the Authority number (the internal
> Koha number)***
>

> My question is - what the heck is this talking about :) hehe - I don't
> see anywhere where a summary is listed.  I'm wondering if this is for
> an older version of Koha and I just never removed it from the Help.

summary can be seen (and modified) in the authority types list and looks
like :
[215a][ -- 215y][ -- 215x][ -- 215z]

It is the way the authority is displayed in authority list when
searching in Authorities.

---
Laurence Lefaucheur

Re: Authority Type Help in Koha

nengard
Thanks!!

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Laurence Lefaucheur
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nicole Engard a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Help file in Koha for Authority Types says the following:
>>
>> ***Authority types
>>
>> You can define as many Authority types as you want.
>>
>>     * with the MARC structure button, you can define the MARC
>> structure of a given authority type
>>     * The tag reported must contain a MARC tag number. Every subfield
>> in the selected tag will be copied to the "destination tag" in the
>> biblio. for example, in UNIMARC, the tag 200 ot personal authority
>> will be reported to 600, 700, 701, depending on what is cliqued in the
>> biblio MARC editor.
>>     * The summary contains an "ISBD" like description to explain how
>> the entry must be shown in the result list. The syntax is :
>>           o [xxxFFFSyyy] where are up to 3 digits BEFORE the field,
>> FFF the field number, S the subfield code, yyy up to 3 digits AFTER
>> the field.
>>           o things outside [] are kept as is (including HTML)
>>           o repeatable fields are managed.
>>
>>             IMPORTANT
>>
>>             In the biblio framework, the reported tag MUST contain a
>> $9 subfield, activated in the tab where the tag is, and hidden (hidden
>> maybe omitted, but the field has no reason to appear anywhere). The $9
>> subfield in the biblio will contain the Authority number (the internal
>> Koha number)***
>>

>> My question is - what the heck is this talking about :) hehe - I don't
>> see anywhere where a summary is listed.  I'm wondering if this is for
>> an older version of Koha and I just never removed it from the Help.
>
> summary can be seen (and modified) in the authority types list and looks
> like :
> [215a][ -- 215y][ -- 215x][ -- 215z]
>
> It is the way the authority is displayed in authority list when
> searching in Authorities.
>
> ---
> Laurence Lefaucheur

Re: Authority Type Help in Koha

nengard
Laurence,

I just looked into this further and the summary field for all of the
existing authority types is just a plain text description -- not this
type of code:

> [215a][ -- 215y][ -- 215x][ -- 215z]

So - how does the system know what order to put the fields in?  Where
is this data stored?

Nicole