Authorised values for use in extended patron attributes

Authorised values for use in extended patron attributes

Joann Ransom-2
Hi there,

I am having trouble getting a list of the authorised values to display
in the extended attributes area at he bottom of the patron registration
screen and would appreciate any help I can get!

1. Koha / admin / patron attribute types : I have set up 2 new codes:
ETHNIC and IWI. ETHNIC has an 'Authorised Value Category' specified of
ETHNIC. IWI is left as free text field.

2. koha / admin / authorised values : I have created a new category
called ETHNIC. It has 6 authorized values entered (European, Asian,
Maori, etc).

3. When I go to add a new Patron, near the bottom the form in the
Additional Attribute and identifiers section, the drop down box displays
but there are no values to select from listed. I was expecting to see a
list of the 6 authorised values entered in 2 above.

Any idea what I havn't done correctly please?

Many thanks,

Joann Ransom.

jransom.vcf (303 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Authorised values for use in extended patron attributes

Nicole Engard
Joann,

What version are you using?  I was able to follow your instructions
and get a pull down with no problems in version 3.01.00.005 in
Firefox.

---

Nicole C. Engard
Open Source Evangelist, LibLime
(888) Koha ILS (564-2457) ext. 714
[hidden email]
AIM/Y!/Skype: nengard

http://liblime.com
http://blogs.liblime.com/open-sesame/

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Joann Ransom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am having trouble getting a list of the authorised values to display in
> the extended attributes area at he bottom of the patron registration screen
> and would appreciate any help I can get!
>
> 1. Koha / admin / patron attribute types : I have set up 2 new codes: ETHNIC
> and IWI. ETHNIC has an 'Authorised Value Category' specified of ETHNIC. IWI
> is left as free text field.
>
> 2. koha / admin / authorised values : I have created a new category called
> ETHNIC. It has 6 authorized values entered (European, Asian, Maori, etc).
>
> 3. When I go to add a new Patron, near the bottom the form in the Additional
> Attribute and identifiers section, the drop down box displays but there are
> no values to select from listed. I was expecting to see a list of the 6
> authorised values entered in 2 above.
>
> Any idea what I havn't done correctly please?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Joann Ransom.

Re: Authorised values for use in extended patron attributes

Joann Ransom-2
Hi Nicole,

We are using Koha vertsion 3.00.00.107.

I'll look at getting it upgraded.

cheers Jo.

Nicole Engard wrote:

> Joann,
>
> What version are you using?  I was able to follow your instructions
> and get a pull down with no problems in version 3.01.00.005 in
> Firefox.
>

> ---
>
> Nicole C. Engard
> Open Source Evangelist, LibLime
> (888) Koha ILS (564-2457) ext. 714
> [hidden email]
> AIM/Y!/Skype: nengard
>
> http://liblime.com
> http://blogs.liblime.com/open-sesame/
>

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Joann Ransom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am having trouble getting a list of the authorised values to display in
>> the extended attributes area at he bottom of the patron registration screen
>> and would appreciate any help I can get!
>>
>> 1. Koha / admin / patron attribute types : I have set up 2 new codes: ETHNIC
>> and IWI. ETHNIC has an 'Authorised Value Category' specified of ETHNIC. IWI
>> is left as free text field.
>>
>> 2. koha / admin / authorised values : I have created a new category called
>> ETHNIC. It has 6 authorized values entered (European, Asian, Maori, etc).
>>
>> 3. When I go to add a new Patron, near the bottom the form in the Additional
>> Attribute and identifiers section, the drop down box displays but there are
>> no values to select from listed. I was expecting to see a list of the 6
>> authorised values entered in 2 above.
>>
>> Any idea what I havn't done correctly please?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Joann Ransom.

jransom.vcf (303 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Authorised values for use in extended patron attributes

Chris Cormack-6
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Joann Ransom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Nicole,
>
> We are using Koha vertsion 3.00.00.107.
>
> I'll look at getting it upgraded.

Hi Jo

That is the latest released version. You will need to wait until 3.0.1
is released to upgrade. Unless you want to run from the git repository
instead of from releases.