Apache default page

Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
I installed Koha 18.11 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I can open the staff client but
I am getting the Apache 2 default page for OPAC. I am using port 80 for
OPAC. I have tried changing the port to 81 and 8081 and delete the Apache
default page but I still cannot access the OPAC.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
Registered Librarian, 3892

Re: Apache default page

Magnus Enger
Hi!

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 07:50, Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I installed Koha 18.11 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I can open the staff client but
> I am getting the Apache 2 default page for OPAC. I am using port 80 for
> OPAC. I have tried changing the port to 81 and 8081 and delete the Apache
> default page but I still cannot access the OPAC.

Did you remember to reload Apache after changing the configuration?

Best regards,
Magnus
Libriotech, Norway

Re: Apache default page

Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
Hi.
Yes, I did restart apache. I also stopped it & started it again but still
no luck.

Ma. Victoria S. Manuel, RL
PRC No. 3892

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018, 8:36 PM Magnus Enger <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 07:50, Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I installed Koha 18.11 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I can open the staff client
> but
> > I am getting the Apache 2 default page for OPAC. I am using port 80 for
> > OPAC. I have tried changing the port to 81 and 8081 and delete the Apache
> > default page but I still cannot access the OPAC.
>
> Did you remember to reload Apache after changing the configuration?
>
> Best regards,
> Magnus
> Libriotech, Norway

Re: Apache default page

Chris Brown
Hi

Make sure you have a config file for the site, it should be in the
directory /etc/apache2/sites-available and called xxxx.conf where xxxx is
your instance name.
Make sure that the value of the "ServerName" directive in that file matches
the URL at which you are trying to reach your OPAC. It should be inside a
Virtual Host definition beginning <VirtualHost *:80> (where 80 is the port
you're using)
Make sure that the site is enabled:
$ sudo a2ensite xxxx
(again xxxx is your instance name)
Now restart apache:
$ sudo systemctl restart apache2

Don't forget to clear your browser cache before re-testing.

Note I'm using Debian but I would expect Ubuntu to look the same.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Chris Brown