Amazon Questions

nengard
Hi all,

I have some questions about Amazon Content. I'm working on a test dev
system on Debian and have all of the Amazon preferences turned on.  I
have entered my associate ID and my private key as is required, but
only cover images are showing for me.  At first I thought it was the
slash that was in my private key that was causing an issue so I had
Amazon generate a new code and it too did nothing to get additional
content to show.  I'm up for any suggestions - maybe my system is set
up funny or someone else is having the same issues as I am.

Nicole

Re: Amazon Questions

Meghan Jones
Hi Nicole (and list),

I had this problem with our install - there's a deprecated value in the opac templates - specifically opac-details.tmpl - called 'AmazonContent' - if you remove that from the amazon sections of template code, the reviews etc. should then display.

Example code:

< <!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACAmazonSimilarItems" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AMAZON_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS" -->
---
> <!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AmazonContent" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACAmazonSimilarItems" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AMAZON_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS" -->

Hope that helps.

Meghan Jones

Assistant Electronic Services Librarian
The King's Fund

Telephone 020 7307 2557
Email [hidden email]
Website www.kingsfund.org.uk
The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
Registered charity 1126980

Re: Amazon Questions

nengard
Thank Meghan,

That bit of code isn't in HEAD and I'm still not getting similar items
or any amazon content other than the cover images.

Nicole

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Meghan Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nicole (and list),
>
> I had this problem with our install - there's a deprecated value in the opac templates - specifically opac-details.tmpl - called 'AmazonContent' - if you remove that from the amazon sections of template code, the reviews etc. should then display.
>
> Example code:
>
> < <!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACAmazonSimilarItems" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AMAZON_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS" -->
> ---
>> <!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AmazonContent" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACAmazonSimilarItems" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AMAZON_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS" -->
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Meghan Jones
>
> Assistant Electronic Services Librarian
> The King's Fund
>
> Telephone 020 7307 2557
> Email [hidden email]
> Website www.kingsfund.org.uk
> The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
> Registered charity 1126980

Re: Amazon Questions

Meghan Jones
Hi Nicole,

The '<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AmazonContent" -->' is scattered through the body of the template, where the appropriate section of code are, rather than stored in the header. In my original template file, I have it on line 538 for Amazon reviews and line 654 for similar items. I've removed both those in my live template file and the Amazon content started to display after that.

Meghan Jones

Assistant Electronic Services Librarian
The King's Fund

Telephone 020 7307 2557
Email [hidden email]
Website www.kingsfund.org.uk
The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
Registered charity 1126980

That bit of code isn't in HEAD and I'm still not getting similar items
or any amazon content other than the cover images.

Nicole

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Meghan Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nicole (and list),
>
> I had this problem with our install - there's a deprecated value in the opac templates - specifically opac-details.tmpl - called 'AmazonContent' - if you remove that from the amazon sections of template code, the reviews etc. should then display.
>
> Example code:
>
> < <!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACAmazonSimilarItems" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AMAZON_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS" -->
> ---
>> <!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AmazonContent" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACAmazonSimilarItems" --><!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AMAZON_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS" -->
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Meghan Jones
>
> Assistant Electronic Services Librarian
> The King's Fund
>
> Telephone 020 7307 2557
> Email [hidden email]
> Website www.kingsfund.org.uk
> The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
> Registered charity 1126980

Re: Amazon Questions

nengard
Meghan,

I searched the entire file and that variable does not appear anywhere
in the current version of HEAD.  So I don't think that's my issue.

Nicole

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Meghan Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nicole,
>
> The '<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AmazonContent" -->' is scattered through the body of the template, where the appropriate section of code are, rather than stored in the header. In my original template file, I have it on line 538 for Amazon reviews and line 654 for similar items. I've removed both those in my live template file and the Amazon content started to display after that.
>
> Meghan Jones
>
> Assistant Electronic Services Librarian
> The King's Fund
>
> Telephone 020 7307 2557
> Email [hidden email]
> Website www.kingsfund.org.uk
> The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
> Registered charity 1126980

I have done one more test. I borrowed the key pair from someone who
had Amazon content working and I still got no content ... this must
have to do with some other setting on my system specifically - any
other ideas where to look?

Nicole

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Nicole Engard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Meghan,
>
> I searched the entire file and that variable does not appear anywhere
> in the current version of HEAD.  So I don't think that's my issue.
>
> Nicole
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Meghan Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Nicole,
>>
>> The '<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="AmazonContent" -->' is scattered through the body of the template, where the appropriate section of code are, rather than stored in the header. In my original template file, I have it on line 538 for Amazon reviews and line 654 for similar items. I've removed both those in my live template file and the Amazon content started to display after that.
>>
>> Meghan Jones
>>
>> Assistant Electronic Services Librarian
>> The King's Fund
>>
>> Telephone 020 7307 2557
>> Email [hidden email]
>> Website www.kingsfund.org.uk
>> The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
>> Registered charity 1126980

Fischer, Katrin
Hi Nicole,

I tested in 3.01.00.133 with the same configuration we use in our
3.01.00.61 installations. I see reviews for titles in .61, but not in
.133. I have no idea where the difference is.
Owen Leonard told me reviews are working in his installation, so I'm
confused what I'm missing.

My system is on ubuntu, all Amazon sys prefs are set to ON/1,
AmazonLocale is DE and AmazonAssocTag is not set.

Katrin