All items "not renewable"

Michael Kuhn
Hi

Using Koha 16.11.04 (via Debian package installation) on Debian 8 I
encounter the following problem.

In Koha menu "Administration > Circulation and fine rules" a single rule
for all patron categories and all item types was defined. The rule
includes:
* Renewals allowed (count): 3
* Renewal period: 19
* No renewal before: [empty]
* Automatic renewal: No
* No automatic renewal after: [empty]

However, when looking at the actual checkouts of any user, the column
"Renew" always says "Not renewable (0 of 0 renewals remaining)" for
every single item. Instead I would expect to see "Renewable (0 of 3
renewals remaining)".

Restarting Koha / Plack and clearing the webbrowser's cache doesn't
change a thing, unfortunately.

How is this possible, why are all my items "not renewable"?

Kind regards, Michael

Re: All items "not renewable" SOLVED

Michael Kuhn
Yesterday I wrote:

> Using Koha 16.11.04 (via Debian package installation) on Debian 8 I
> encounter the following problem.
>
> In Koha menu "Administration > Circulation and fine rules" a single rule
> for all patron categories and all item types was defined. The rule
> includes:
> * Renewals allowed (count): 3
> * Renewal period: 19
> * No renewal before: [empty]
> * Automatic renewal: No
> * No automatic renewal after: [empty]
>
> However, when looking at the actual checkouts of any user, the column
> "Renew" always says "Not renewable (0 of 0 renewals remaining)" for
> every single item. Instead I would expect to see "Renewable (0 of 3
> renewals remaining)".
>
> Restarting Koha / Plack and clearing the webbrowser's cache doesn't
> change a thing, unfortunately.
>
> How is this possible, why are all my items "not renewable"?

I found a couple of mailing list posts that had described this problem
before but they didn't give a solution.

*
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/no-item-type-and-Not-Renewable-td3061990.html

* http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-Renewal-setup-td3061094.html

My "solution" at the end was to remove ALL circulation rules (even if I
had done this before to no avail...) and once again reenter the exact
same values I already had inserted before. Now it works as expected.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: All items "not renewable" SOLVED

Jonathan Druart
Hi Michael,

That sounds like a bug.
By chances do you have a dump of this table somewhere? I'd like to recreate
the issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 at 21:27 Michael Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yesterday I wrote:
>
> > Using Koha 16.11.04 (via Debian package installation) on Debian 8 I
> > encounter the following problem.
> >
> > In Koha menu "Administration > Circulation and fine rules" a single rule
> > for all patron categories and all item types was defined. The rule
> > includes:
> > * Renewals allowed (count): 3
> > * Renewal period: 19
> > * No renewal before: [empty]
> > * Automatic renewal: No
> > * No automatic renewal after: [empty]
> >
> > However, when looking at the actual checkouts of any user, the column
> > "Renew" always says "Not renewable (0 of 0 renewals remaining)" for
> > every single item. Instead I would expect to see "Renewable (0 of 3
> > renewals remaining)".
> >
> > Restarting Koha / Plack and clearing the webbrowser's cache doesn't
> > change a thing, unfortunately.
> >
> > How is this possible, why are all my items "not renewable"?
>
> I found a couple of mailing list posts that had described this problem
> before but they didn't give a solution.
>
> *
>
> http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/no-item-type-and-Not-Renewable-td3061990.html
>
> * http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-Renewal-setup-td3061094.html
>
> My "solution" at the end was to remove ALL circulation rules (even if I
> had done this before to no avail...) and once again reenter the exact
> same values I already had inserted before. Now it works as expected.
>
> Best wishes: Michael
> --
> Geschäftsführer · Diplombibliothekar BBS, Informatiker eidg. Fachausweis
> Admin Kuhn GmbH · Pappelstrasse 20 · 4123 Allschwil · Schweiz
> T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 <+41%2061%20261%2055%2061> · E [hidden email] ·
> W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: All items "not renewable" SOLVED

Michael Kuhn
Hi Jonathan

> That sounds like a bug.
> By chances do you have a dump of this table somewhere? I'd like to recreate
> the issue.

No, I guess have no dump (except if I should load an old database from
Saturday or so, and then dump a certain table). I just made some
screenshots of the seemingly endless table as it looked like in the
staff client when it didn't work. The last of these you can see here:

* http://adminkuhn.ch/download/smartrules1.png
* http://adminkuhn.ch/download/smartrules2.png

Finally I deleted all rules and entered exactly the same, now it works.

What table would you actually need? As I'm working on various migrations
to Koha at the moment I would then save some stuff you'd need to have it
ready if the problem should occur again.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: All items "not renewable" SOLVED

Jonathan Druart
If we are lucky, only the issuingrules table would be needed.
But nevermind, if you fixed it I guess everybody is happy.