Adding new authority types

Tomas Cohen Arazi
Hi, bug 17805 proposes to add a new authority type, and I was wondering what has been the normal handling for this, specially regarding the upgrade process.

Should it be added automatically?

Regards
--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)

Re: Adding new authority types

Marcel de Rooy

Tomas,

Only talking about MARC21 here:

I did not come across any inserts into auth_types in updatedatabase.

But since authorities_normal_marc21.sql is in marc21/mandatory, I would expect a new official authority type to be inserted both at install and upgrade time.

Marcel

Re: Adding new authority types

Hi Tomas,

I think it should be added when updating, if it does not already exist. It's easy to delete an extra authority type if you don't want it, harder to add it.
We probably need a new framework for this, the datbase entries for the authority type and amend the mappings in some of the scripts so they know 147 is the main heading for named events.

Hope this helps,

Katrin